We often see various exquisite cakes, and silicone molds are the most popular mold material in recent years. So how to choose good mold products?
1. Selection of silicone cake molds
(1) First of all, the safety of the mold. When selecting a mold, make sure to see if the mold has undergone toxic testing? Is it high-quality food-grade silicone material? Is it certified through international European standards? Be sure to ensure safety and non-toxicity.
(2) Secondly, it can be distinguished by appearance and odor. From the appearance, the higher the transparency, the higher the food grade, and the surface of the food grade silicone is smooth and free of powder particles, and it is not easy to deform, discolor, and warp. The simplest way to identify industrial silicone is to have a pungent gasoline smell; food-grade silicone has no odor.
(3) Thirdly, high and low temperature testing can be conducted. During high-temperature heating, molds with lower standards will release harmful substances or odors, causing poisoning or cancer; good molds have good thermal conductivity and cold resistance.
(4) Finally, it is also important to pay attention to whether the post-sale service of silicone cake molds is in place. Whether to provide recipes, tutorials, and all other post-sale services? Ensure that you can make more exquisite cakes while purchasing molds.
2. Maintenance of silicone cake molds
Silicone, as an environmentally friendly material, does not contain any toxic substances. Food-grade silicone completely meets third-party food grade certification. Food-grade silicone cake molds can be used to bake cakes, pizzas, bread, mousse, pudding, chocolate, and processed foods. They can also be made into different shapes according to customer needs, such as animal shapes, fruit shapes, and custom colors, which are both beautiful and practical. So how to maintain food-grade silicone cake molds?
(1) After each use, rinse with hot water (dilute edible cleaner) or put it in the dishwasher for cleaning, do not use abrasive cleaners or sponge cleaning. Make sure the silicone is completely dry before each use and storage.
(2) When baking, the silicone cake mold should be placed flat on the baking tray separately. Do not dry bake the mold. For example, if a 6-grid mold only needs to use 3 grids, the other 3 grids must also be filled with water. Otherwise, the mold will be baked and the service life of the mold will be reduced. In order to ensure the best baking effect of the finished product, a small amount of anti-stick baking pan oil can be lightly sprayed on the surface of the silicone cake mold before baking.
(3) When the baking is completed, please remove the entire baking tray from the oven and place the baked product on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
(4) Silicone cake molds can only be used in ovens, baking ovens, and microwave ovens, and it is strictly forbidden to use gas, open flames or electricity, or directly use them above the heating plate or below the barbecue grill.
(5) Please do not use knives or other sharp tools for silicone products and avoid heavy pressure, pulling, and stretching.
(6) Due to static electricity, silicone cake molds are prone to dust. If they are not used for a long time, it is best to place them in a box without direct sunlight.
(7) Please do not immediately rinse the silicone cake mold with cold water after removing it from the oven to extend its service life.