Silicone products are a kind of material with strong softness. Now they can be used in many industries and products. However, many silicone materials have good softness at any time, but they have different textures and softness deviations. When it acts on silicone kitchen utensils, some will be harder, some will be softer, such as silicone spoons and silicone cake molds can distinguish their differences, and sometimes many kitchen tableware products will produce different effects in different functions, so this is related to the problem of choosing hardness and softness. We wonder if you have this worry?
Many designers and amateur engineers often worry about this product when they want to use silicone to design a product. They don't know how hard the material should be to achieve the actual performance effect. Silicone kitchenware itself is a special product, and the choice of hardness and softness is wrong. If it is too soft, it may cause instability in holding it, and the loaded food will automatically spill out, if it is too hard, it will not be suitable for normal use, the hand feel will not be good, and the product will be too brittle and easy to tear, etc.!
Therefore, the silicone kitchenware processing manufacturers will give you some suggestions for the above problems. Silicone kitchenware has certain structural problems like other silicone rubber products. When choosing silicone kitchenware first, if the product structure is too complicated and has certain It is not recommended to use high-hardness materials if the buckle or right-angle and the product is too thin. On the contrary, the hardness can be reduced, and the softer it is, the less it will affect the tearing phenomenon! However, the main structure of the product is simple and requires force effects, so it is recommended to increase the hardness, and use high hardness to achieve the actual support strength without affecting it.
Generally common solid silicone rubber raw materials are often used in silicone kitchen utensils with a temperature of 30-90 degrees. Common silicone tableware cake molds and silicone bowls on the market have a hardness of 50 degrees ± 5 degrees. Silicone spoons and scrapers. The selected hardness is about 80 degrees ± 5 degrees. At present, a new material can reach 90 degrees, which is equivalent to the hardness of TPR, PET and other materials. Therefore, it is recommended that you can refer to the silicone product manufacturers when customizing silicone tableware. Some similar products for selection and comparison.
However, one disadvantage of silicone products is that the higher the hardness of the product, the more difficult it is to process. The problems that arise include, the product is brittle, the parting line bursts, the whole is not familiar, and the product is difficult to release, the more undercuts and right angles, the more prone to the above defects!
1. Changes in extrusion strength. Low-hardness products will gradually decrease in strength, while high-hardness products will increase. A difference of 5-10 degrees will have different extrusion changes.
2. The change of tear resistance, the higher the hardness, the weaker the tear resistance of the product, especially the products with right angles are easy to tear, the lower the hardness, the better the tear resistance, and the different hardness has different tear resistance.
3. The constant elongation stress leads to deformation. The constant elongation stress is an important control index of the silicone material, which has a certain relationship with the hardness. Different hardness and the temperature and pressure controlled during the vulcanization process have an important relationship with the product's tensile deformation.
4. Changes in wear resistance and fatigue. Products with different hardness have different effects on wear resistance and fatigue. Generally, the hardness of silica gel material increases with the increase of crystallinity, and long-term running-in will affect the phenomenon of fatigue reduction and insufficient wear resistance.
5. The elasticity is different. Elasticity is one of the important elements in the silicone material, so materials with different hardness have an impact on each product for different applications, and the difference in hardness ± is too large may lead to the use effect of the entire product, or even affect every aspect of a whole!